Agri-Food & Beverage
The agri-food and beverage sector is Ireland's most important indigeneous industry.
In 2016 Irish food and drink exports were valued at €11.5bn representing a seventh successive year of growth.
Access to emerging markets presents a positive outlook for the sector amidst a backdrop of market volatility. Most notably, the sector is particularly exposed to the impact of Brexit, given its disproportionate reliance on the UK market compared to other sectors of the Irish economy.
BDO has an established track record advising clients within the sector and assisting them with their changing needs.
Our cross-functional agribusiness professionals focus on understanding the issues faced by agri-food and beverage companies and develop tailored solutions to meet these challenges. We help our clients grow, develop and safeguard their business.
Our multidisciplinary offering includes:
- Exploring market entry and expansion opportunities
- Reviewing and assessing funding requirements
- Sourcing investment and finance
- Prepare for customs, tariffs and excise duty implications post-Brexit
- Succession and ownership transition options
- Evaluating the economic viability of a business idea or project
- Identifying areas for performance improvement
- Tax planning and maximising R&D tax credits
- Complying with annual financial reporting and compliance obligations.
Additionally, through our EII Scheme Fund we have been at the forefront of investment in agri-food companies for more than 15 years while providing strategic advice and support to these businesses.