World Wide Tax News, May 2011
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
BDO Ireland is a member of the International BDO Network, the world's fifth largest accountancy network. The network consists of more than 1,000 offices present in over 110 countries, with 44,000 partners and staff worldwide.
We are pleased to bring you the latest edition of the BDO International Network’s quarterly publication, World Wide Tax News. This publication summarises recent tax developments of international interest from around the world.
The May 2011 edition of WWTN is now available and can be found here.
In this issue:
- UNITED STATES: Obama’s 2012 budget focuses on spending cuts to achieve deficit reduction
- CHINA: Additional tax burden on foreign investment enterprises, foreign enterprises and foreign individuals
- INDIA: Budget highlights
- NEW ZEALAND: GST regime – significant changes
- SINGAPORE: Budget highlights
- AUSTRIA: Tax changes
- EUROPEAN UNION: Draft CCTB directive published
- IRELAND: Ireland’s Finance Act 2011 introduces a mandatory reporting requirement
- ISREAL: Reform in the law for encouragement of capital investments
- SPAIN: Budget highlights
- UNITED KINGDOM: UK accelerates tax reductions to retain and attract companies
- BRAZIL: Financial transactions tax increases
- BES ISLANDS: New tax legislation
- CANADA: “A low-tax plan for jobs and growth”
- UNITED STATES: New overseas voluntary disclosure initiative
- SOUTH AFRICA: Budget 2011 highlights
Can We Help?
If you require our assistance in relation to transfer pricing issues, please do not hesitate to contact your BDO tax adviser or any member of the BDO tax team. Phone 01 470 0000 or email: email@example.com