BDO Horizons 2019 - Issue 4
12 November 2019
Welcome to the fourth edition of Horizons 2019.
Each quarter BDO M&A professionals analyse global mid-market deal activity across a number of major regions and selected sectors around the world; we offer you a satelllite view of how the M&A market is evolving and where it appears to be heading. It includes expert commentary on recent trends, predictions for the coming year and forecasts of sector activity through our heat chart which predicts the most active sectors for company sales.
With only 104 mid-market transactions completed in UK & Ireland in Q3 2019, this represented the lowest level of reported activity in 10 years. The drop in deal-making activity has been entirely across trade deals, as corporate buyers continue to take a very cautious approach to investment, with many buyers stalling M&A activity pending the outcome of Brexit.
Issue 4 of 2019 contains more information on Key Deals and Sectors in the UK & Ireland and our predictions for the rest of the quarter. We are also providing commentary on:
- Global View - With lower deal volumes, when does a short-term trend become the new reality
- Special feature - Germany: in depth analysis and investment outlook
- North America - Continued global and political uncertainty slows M&A
- Latin America - M&A value recovers slightly fostered by PE activity
- China - Geopolitical tensions and economic uncertainties impact deal making
- Financial Services - Special focus on sustainable finance
- Energy Turning the spotlight on sector coupling with hydrogen
Click DOWNLOAD to view the full report