BDO Horizons 2020 - Issue 3
29 July 2020
BDO’s quarterly global mid-market M&A review.
In Issue 3 of 2020, our BDO Global experts take a close look to an M&A world heavily impacted by Covid-19.
We have seen how businesses and funders around the world have had to react quickly to the impact. For many this has meant working remotely and adapting to new ways of doing business. The initial react phase, has been followed by a period of building resilience into business models to deal with social distancing measures and securing support from Governments to combat the impact on revenues. We have seen this in supply chains, routes to market with an increase in e-commerce and enhanced health and safety measures for employees and customers alike. M&A activity inevitably has suffered as a consequence of other business priorities.
This issue brings you up to date commentary on deal activity levels, active sectors and regions and provides in-depth analysis on potential activity in the next few months. In the UK & Ireland, the fast spread of the Covid-19 virus has resulted in a drop in the volume and value of M&A activity. This has become more evident in Q2 when the extent of the pandemic became more clearer. DOWNLOAD Issue 3 | 2020 to find out more and see what we anticipate for the rest of the year.
This issue also features up to date commentary on deal activity levels, active sectors and regions and provides in-depth analysis on potential activity in the next few months.
- Global view – COVID-19 has a further dampening effect on M&A but it feels like activity is resuming
- Special feature – The Path Ahead: Analysis of analyst estimates for insights on the economic recovery
- China Special – A Changing landscape: COVID-19’s impact on China's M&A market
- North America – M&A activity plummets in Q2
- Latin America - Deal volume and value fall to 12-year low
- UK & Ireland –Deal activity declined during Q2 on the back of volatile market conditions caused by caused by the COVID-19 outbreak
- Consumer sector – Acceleration of select consumer trends and the impact on M&A activity
- Real Estate – Will COVID-19 change the value of commercial Real Estate forever?
In a global market of bewildering activity and endless choices, we provide some of the context necessary to navigate it.
Content adapted from BDO Global