In December 2015, the Revenue announced a number of changes affecting companies within the Construction Sector relating to registration and new projects. BDO Ireland is hosting a special breakfast briefing giving insights and learnings around the impact of these new changes and increased Revenue focus on the Construction Sector.
The Panel of speakers includes:
- Ivor Feerick, Partner, Indirect Tax & RCT, BDO Ireland
- Eddie Doyle, Partner, Tax, BDO Ireland
Seminar topics that will be covered:
Revenue Construction Industry Project
- Why is Revenue focussing significant resources on the Construction Sector and what are the objectives of the project
- Revenue’s internal procedures to address and monitor areas of potential tax leakage
- Approaches adopted by Revenue in engaging with the Construction Sector to encourage compliance
- Revenue collaboration with other Government Agencies to ensure tax compliance is addressed in unannounced multi-agency site visits
- Tracking tax compliance on the Schools building projects and the responsibilities of Board of Management
- Renewed focus on correct employment status (i.e. employees vs self-employed contractors) including single owner Companies
- Educating Foreign Principals regarding the RCT system and the obligations of both Principals and subcontractors
- Invoicing fraud – responsibilities of tax registered businesses
Other relevant issues
- How the reverse charge VAT procedure applies to ‘Construction Operations’
- 'No loss of revenue’ and the circumstances in which it can apply
- New RCT penalty regime
The event will commence with registration at 7.30 am (and finish at 9.00 am) with breakfast and networking before the presentations.
The event is free of charge, however, access to this event is strictly based on pre-registration for invitees and space is limited. If you would like to attend then please RSVP to Emma Armstrong in the BDO events team by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (01) 470 0505.