Is the calculation for risk vs. innovation in the tech industry starting to change? With a growing spotlight on responsibility and governance—in addition to demands for new and disruptive products and services—tech companies will face new challenges this decade. Still, a vast majority say they are thriving and forecast increased revenue in the year ahead.
In the latest Technology Outlook Survey, we asked 100 tech CFOs about their take on industry trends and tribulations. Please join Aftab Jamil, global leader of BDO's Technology practice, along with Scott Hendon, global co-leader of BDO's Private Equity practice, as they review the top takeaways for the tech industry in 2020.
Discussion topics will include how tech companies plan to:
- Balance risk vs. innovation
- Raise capital and decide whether to go public or stay private
- Manage evolving regulations like data privacy and tax changes
- Navigate the trade war and implications on national security
- Build a workforce to guide their growth