BDO Horizons 2018 - Issue 4
07 November 2018
Each quarter BDO’s Mergers & Acquisitions team analyses global deal activity across a number of regions and selected sectors around the world; we offer you a satellite view of how the M&A market is evolving - and where it appears to be heading.
In our final edition for 2018, our charts of deal activity reveal reaons to be positive in terms of the outlook. Despite the slow-down in the global M&A market, deal activity still remains at healthy levels.
Key findings from the report include:
- North America: Mid-market M&A activity continues to lag in Q2 despite positive economic signs.
- Latin America: M&A activity in the region continues to struggle.
- UK & Ireland: Subdued quarter sees volume fall but value remain steady.
- Benelux: Deal volume falls but value rises in Q3.
- Nordics: M&A activity slows down with major drop in deal activity.
- DACH: Mid-market deal activity improves in Q3.
- Southern Europe: Deal activity continues to falter in 2018.
- CEE & CIS: M&A activity continues to falter in 2018 with falls in both volime and value.
- Israel: M&A value falls in Q3 but pipeline suggests better times ahead.
- Africa: Deal activity continues to fall but PE deal value on the rise.
- India: Fast growing indian economy boosts deal activity.
- Japan: Deal volume falls for third consecutive quarter but value increases.
- China: Trade war and liquidity issues impact deal-making activity.
- South East Asia: M&A activity recovers in Q3 with increased volume and value.
- Australasia: Big-ticket deals drive up deal value and PE activity hits three-year high.