BDO Horizons 2019 - Issue 1
06 February 2019
BDO is proud to release the first edition of Horizons in 2019, in which we analyse global mid-market deal activity across a number of major regions and selected sectors around the world. We offer you a satellite view of how the M&A market is evolving – and where it appears to be heading.
In Ireland and the UK, the final quarter of 2018 saw a decline in both deal volumes and values. It was also found that TMT remained the most in-demand sector throughout 2018. And despite Brexit uncertainty, findings showed that the UK remains attractive and offers good value for overseas investors.
Issue 1 of 2019 also contains:
- Global view – Value remains high but volume dipped
- Special feature – Private Equity: The Battleground for new deals
- North America – Volatile markets and growing economic concerns
- Latin America - Region ends year on a high with best quarter for deal value in 2 years
- Financial Services - Deal activity holds steady with continuing focus on Fintechs
- Real Estate - Deal activity bounces back but figures are still below 2017 highs
- TMT - Five trends that could shape technology M&A in 2019
Click DOWNLOAD to view the full report.