BDO Horizons 2019 - Issue 3
06 August 2019
Welcome to the third edition of Horizons 2019, in which BDO M&A professionals around the world present their insights on mid-market deal activity and trends.
In Ireland and the UK, confidence in M&A prospects remains despite a challenging deal environment.
· Both the value and number of M&A transaction are down in H1 2019
· TMT remains the most in-demand sector in H1 2019
· Investors are willing to set Brexit uncertainty aside to execute strategic transactions
· M&A outlook for the remainder of 2019 remains positive despite an unpredictable macroeconomic climate
Issue 3 also includes:
· Global view – With lower deal volumes, is this a new global paradigm or the shorter-term impact of global trade tensions?
· Special feature – Mineral-rich Australian state entices international investors
· North America – M&A plagues by volatile markets and growing economic and political concerns
· UK & Ireland – Confidence in M&A prospects remains despite challenging deal environment
· Natural Resources – Macroeconomic events continue to influence mid-market M&A activity, as ongoing speculation on a trade war continue to impact markets in volatile ways
· Healthcare – Sector maintains consistent global deal volumes boosted by a number of recent mega deals
· Technology & Media – Leading sector in a period of subdued global M&A activity
· Consumer & Retail – Technology transform the retail experience as millennials come of age
Click DOWNLOAD to view the full report.