The Department of Enterprise Trade and Employment (DETE) has proposed a further call for Online Retail Scheme applications, aiming to encourage the retail sector in Ireland to develop a more competitive online offer that will enable an increase in their customer base and build a more resilient business in the domestic and global marketplace both online and offline.
Successful applicants will be awarded funding to support a maximum of 80% of the project eligible costs with a maximum grant of €64,000. BDO Digital Consulting have hands-on experience working with the Online Retail Scheme supporting Irish Retailers to grow their business locally and globally.
Applications for the EI Online Retail Scheme funding are invited through a public call for submission of projects.
- Call Open date: Now open
- Call Close date: Wednesday, 1st June 2022 at 12 (noon).
Our team of specialists can help your retail business. At BDO, we know how to design, develop and enhance your company's capability to use eCommerce. Our expertise and capabilities means we know how to leverage online as an effective channel for customer acquisition, market expansion and cost efficiency goals.
Check your eligibility for ORS scheme
- The company is headquartered in Ireland and is an Irish-owned retail enterprise
- The company employed at least 10 employees in the Republic of Ireland on a full-time equivalent basis.
- The company has an existing online presence (e.g. website or social media).
- The company has a retail outlet(s) and derives the majority of revenue from the retail outlet(s).
- The company does not operate in the following areas:
- Primary production of agricultural products, fishery and aquaculture
- Provision of hospitality and leisure services (hotels, restaurants, coffee shops)
- Car and vehicle dealerships
- The provision of a locally traded service (e.g. travel agents, mechanics, fitting of tyres, grooming and beauty services, hair salons, tattoo artists, funeral directors, medical, dental, veterinary, accountancy, legal and financial services etc.)
- The company’s primary activity is not the selling or distribution of alcoholic beverages for consumption on the retail premises.
Where the grant can be used
- In-depth analysis of the company’s current and potential online presence and capabilities, target audience and brand.
- Development of a written digital strategy and a roadmap for implementation including resource and business process considerations.Consideration of omnichannel offering (including marketplaces and social media).
- Optimising the company’s online presence to ensure domestic and international visibility (e.g. web enhancement and localisation, associated business process enhance- ments, search engine optimisation etc.).
What can we do for you
The Online Retail grant aims to support the following activities:
- Developing an ecommerce strategy for your business
- Developing your message and brand strategy for promotion through your website and social media channels
- Audit and analysis of your existing website and develop best in class user experiences
- Planning and execution of content marketing to grow your awareness in export markets
- Implementation of software solutions to bring process efficiencies to your retail business.
- Expert consultancy and hands-on support in the execution of the above (1-5)
- Training and upskilling of your internal team in best practice digital marketing techniques
Contact Conor.MacManus@bdoeatonsquare.ie to find out more about eligibility, reasons to apply and how BDO can help you.
Subscribe to receive the latest BDO News and Insights
Please fill out the following form to access the download.