Brexit – Tax Implications for International Businesses
20 September 2016
Thursday June 23, 2016 will be seen as one of the most historic days in the UK. After 40 years being in the European Union, the UK voted to leave.
When Brexit happens it is likely to be a trigger for change in the UK tax system. Customs Duty, VAT and Corporation Tax could all be affected by the UK leaving the EU. Some of the changes could force groups to restructure and some of the changes could present planning opportunities.
In our webinar, we will take a look at some of the options and areas of taxation that businesses should be thinking about now to prepare for the UK leaving the EU.
Despite the challenges ahead, Brexit provides many opportunities for businesses both in the UK and those with an international presence.
- Malcolm Joy, Partner, International Tax, BDO UK
- Anton Hume, Partner, Corporate International Tax, BDO UK
- Glyn Woodhouse, VAT Partner, BDO UK
- Hakan Henningsson, Senior Manager, Corporate International Tax, BDO UK
- Ingrid Gardner, Managing Director, UK/US Tax Desk, BDO USA, LLP
- Kevin Doyle, Tax Partner, BDO Ireland