BDO Horizons 2020 - Issue 2
Each quarter BDO Global analyse global mid-market deal activity across a number of major regions and selected sectors around the world; offering you a satellite view of how the M&A market is evolving – and where it appears to be heading.
It includes expert commentary on recent trends, predictions for the coming year and forecasts of sector activity through our heat chart which predicts the most active sectors for company sales.
In issue 2 of 2020 we take a close look to an M&A world heavily impacted by Covid-19.
In Ireland & the UK, M&A has stalled as the lockdown and uncertainty has impacted the deal-making environment, with processes either abandoned or paused for an indefinite period.
Click DOWNLOAD to find out more about the key deals and sectors impacted by Covid-19 as well as a look ahead to what we can expect for future M&A deal making.
Issue 2 of 2020 also includes expert commentary on:
- Global view – M&A activity across the world heavily impacted by COVID-19
- Special feature – With deals on lockdown, is it time for distressed M&A?
- North America – COVID-19 wreaks havoc on North American economy and M&A
- Latin America - M&A activity hit hard by global pandemic and fall in oil prices
- UK & Ireland –M&A stalls as lockdown and uncertainty impact deal making environment
- China – M&A activity sees sharp falls as lockdown slows economy
- Agri-Food & Drinks – M&A outlook during and post COVID-19
- Manufacturing – Hitting a brick wall: COVID-19’s impact on Manufacturing M&A
In a global market of bewildering activity and endless choices, we provide some of the context necessary to navigate it.
If you have any questions related to the content discussed in this issue, please contact a member of our BDO Corporate Finance Team:
Content adapted from BDO Global