BDO Horizons 2020 - Issue 4
30 October 2020
BDO’s quarterly global mid-market M&A review
The latest edition of BDO Horizons, which analyses global mid-market activity across a number of major regions and sectors around the world, is now live. Each quarter our BDO Global colleagues provide expert commentary on how the M&A world is evolving, recent trends and predictions for the coming year.
In issue 4 of 2020 we take a close look to an M&A world heavily impacted by COVID-19.
We have seen how businesses and funders around the world have had to react quickly to the impact. For many this has meant working remotely and adapting to new ways of doing business.
In the UK & Ireland, it was unsurprising to see the level of M&A activity this quarter hit its lowest point since the recession in 2009. With only 78 reported transactions, it is clear that companies have been focussed on preserving cash and protecting their businesses in response to Covid-19. Katharine Byrne, Corporate Finance Partner at BDO Ireland, looks at the bigger picture for M&A in the UK & Ireland, the most active sectors and what we can expect to see for the remainder of 2020. Download Issue 4 – 2020 to find out more
This issue also brings you up to date commentary on deal activity levels, active sectors and regions and provides in-depth analysis on potential activity in the next few months.
- Global view – The beginning of the recovery in deal activity
- Special feature – The value of Commercial Due Diligence in healthcare and Life Sciences
- North America – M&A shows slight recovery
- Latin America – M&A activity bounces back
- UK & Ireland –M&A activity at its lowest since 2009 but picking up as confidence rebuilds
- Food & Drink Manufacturing – Resilient sector has plentiful growth opportunities through M&A
- Natural Resources – The need to have a clear narrative on Environmental, Social and Governance.
In a global market of bewildering activity and endless choices, we provide some of the context necessary to navigate it.
Content adapted from BDO Global