BDO's 10 Tech Predictions for 2019 - Technology’s balancing act
13 February 2019
Over the past year, technology companies have been at the center of attention on a national and global stage, according to a recent report by BDO Global.
Whether it is dealing with a growing number of regulations, or shoring up data privacy measures in response to heightened scrutiny, the industry now faces several critical questions.
The key question for tech companies is how they can scale sustainably without negatively impacting their business goals or ambitions. How the industry responds will dictate the future of these businesses in the years to come.
BDO’s ‘10 predictions for 2019’ include trends that will likely shape tech in 2019 and beyond:
1) 5G Becomes the New Standard
2) The GDPR Sparks a Flurry of New Data Privacy Regulations
3) U.S. Tech Regulations Ramp Up
4) Blockchain Becomes Basic (Almost)
5) Digital Transformation Transcends the IT Department
6) AI Fights AI in the Cyber World
7) Tech Companies Work to Address the Talent Gap
8) China Concerns Grow Sharply
9) Social Good Becomes (a Greater) Part of the Business Equation
10) “Coopetition” Becomes a Must
Tech companies have a rocky road ahead, as they face growing scrutiny from global authorities, heightened competition, and continued disruption. Learning how to scale sustainably will be vital to surviving in an environment built on change. We are optimistic that tech companies will rise to the challenge in 2019 — and come out all the wiser for it.
For more information on the predictions outlined in the report, please contact BDO at [email protected] or click here to download the full report.
*Adapted from BDO Global (BDO’s 10 Tech Predictions for 2019 – Technology’s balancing art)