Austin is a Director within BDO's Consulting department. He is an experienced business consultant and project manager with over 20 years' experience working with public and private sector clients. Austin has broad sector experience and has developed extensive expertise advising clients and leading projects across the hospitality, tourism & leisure, healthcare (nursing homes), not for profit and representative body sectors.
Austin is BDO's lead tourism and hospitality consultant and is regularly retained by public (Fáilte Ireland and Local Authorities) and private sector clients and representative bodies (IHF, LVA, RAI, AVEA), throughout the sector, to provide strategic, operational, market and financial advice and assistance.
Through his work across the tourism and hospitality sector, Austin has developed an unrivalled level of insight and expertise and is a regular contributor to the media and national press on matters of importance to the sector.
Austin is a Fellow of the Irish Management Consultants Association. He holds a B.Sc. in Mgmt. from the University of Dublin and a Masters in Business Studies from University College Dublin. He also holds an ACCA Diploma in Financial Management and a Professional Diploma in Project Management from UCD.
SERVICES & SPECIALISM
- Extensive expertise in the conduct of market research and financial feasibility studies
- Expertise in the conduct of independent business reviews (preparation, review, and evaluation) and strategic advisory and business planning
- Adviser to key financial institution and stakeholders on project feasibility, asset management solutions and debt reduction strategies
- Financial Analysis and Monitoring
- Business Mentoring & Coaching
- Grant administration, monitoring, and evaluation
- Project and Programme Management
- Sector Analysis & Benchmarking
- Stakeholder Engagement & Consultation
- Expert Witness in legal and commercial disputes