John is a Partner in BDO's Taxation department. John has more than 35 years of experience advising owner managed businesses on corporate tax planning matters.
SERVICES & SPECIALISM
John’s clients include owner managed businesses, multinational groups, manufacturers and retailers and he works with several BDO UK clients with Irish business interests.
John has a wide range of expertise in all areas of tax. He has particular specialisms in:
- Corporate Restructuring – separation of properties and trades, pre-sale restructuring, share repurchases, passing on the business, cessation of business in Ireland etc;
- Mergers & Acquisitions – vendor and purchaser matters, tax due diligence, relevant cross border tax matters, review of legal documentation from a tax perspective;
- Public private partnerships – advising on tax matters for awarding authorities and bidding consortia, review of bidding models and review of contract documentation;
- Professional bodies – tax status, mutual trading, charitable status and mergers;
- Property tax matters – development and sale;
- Debt restructuring tax matters including receiverships, examinerships and liquidations.
- Tax Risk Management and Directors Compliance Statement reviews
John is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and a former author & Associate of the Irish Taxation Institute.