Katharine is Head of the BDO Corporate Finance Team and member of the BDO International M&A Group. Katharine has specialised in Corporate Finance for the last 15 years having previously qualified as a Chartered Accountant in our Business Assurance & Advisory department. Katharine is also a member of the firm's Brexit Taskforce.
SERVICES & SPECIALISM
Katharine has built up considerable experience advising private and public companies across a range of transactions including acquisitions, disposals, fundraisings and refinancing.
Over the last number of years Katharine has been a strategic advisor to companies on business planning and diversification strategies. She has overseen numerous financial and commercial business reviews across a broad range of sectors, advising key stakeholders on their growth plans and assisting in raising new finance and implementing solutions.
Katharine is currently working with a number of high-growth companies raising funds for development of their businesses on an international platform. She has also been active in sales of Irish mid-market companies to international trade and private equity buyers and has significant experience in preparing companies for the sales process.
As Head of the Energy and Environment Team in Dublin, Katharine has advised on several leading transactions in the Energy, Waste and Renewables sector. She is also member of BDO’s Healthcare Team having advised on several complex restructuring assignments for private healthcare operators and successfully securing international investment.
Recent transactions include:
- Sale of CJ Fallon to Levine Leichtman Capital Partners,
- Sale of majority stake in IdentiGen to MML Capital,
- Advisor to Molex Inc on acquisition of Protek Medical,
- Sale of SIMS IVF to Virtus plc,
- Sale of Beacon Hospital on behalf of RBS and Ulster Bank,
- Sale of The Health Stores to GNC,
- Advisor to INM on acquisitions within digital sector,
- Advisor to Wardmay on acquisition of Independent Colleges,
- Advisor to Lonsdale Partners on acquisition of CJ Fallon,
- Advisor on MBO of Trinity Healthcare,
- Sale of DP Energy onshore wind-farm portfolio to ESB,
- Advisor to several renewable companies on fundraising including sale of wind-farm projects to ESB, Mainstream & Enercon, and
- Advisor to large retail chain on restructuring plans and acquisitions.
Katharine is a Law Graduate from UCD and is a Fellow Chartered Accountant.
She is currently Chairperson of The Friends of St. Luke's Charity and is also Chair of the CSR Committee in BDO.