Food, Drink & Agri-Business
The Food, Drink & Agri-Business sector is Ireland's most important indigenous industry with a significant global presence. The sector is vital to Ireland's economic development and the social fabric of our communities.
BDO has an established track record advising clients within the sector and assisting them with their changing needs. Our cross-functional agribusiness professionals focus on understanding the issues faced by agri-food and beverage companies and develop tailored solutions to meet these challenges. We help our clients grow, develop and safeguard their business.
Our integrated multidisciplinary team provides focused advice and pragmatic tailored solutions in key areas such as:
- Customs & International Trade advice e.g.. advice on planning for new EU/UK trading relationship
- Exploring market entry and expansion/diversification opportunities
- Reviewing and assessing funding requirements
- Sourcing investment and finance
- Succession planning and ownership transition options
- Evaluating the economic viability of a business idea or project
- Identifying areas for performance improvement
- Tax advice across all aspects of business and transactions
- Availing of Innovation and R&D Grants
- R&D projects and securing related tax credits
- Complying with annual financial reporting and compliance obligations
- Merger & Acquisition.
Additionally, through our EII Scheme Fund we have been at the forefront of investment in agri-food companies for more than 22 years while providing strategic advice and support to these businesses.
Contact a member of our team to find out more.