Amid challenges including economic downturn and geopolitical turbulence, businesses must adapt if they are to survive,
and businesses in the tech sector are under more intense pressure than most.
The technology industry stands in a unique position, spearheading the development and implementation of technology to solve business problems.
BDO's Techtonic States study envisions four unique 2026 scenario's, analysing the technology and market dynamics. In each scenario, advanced technology is pivotal, empowering organisations to manage risks and bolster resilience.
The study – which combines scenario planning with opinion research amongst business leaders –emphasises technology's transformative role in addressing business challenges and fostering innovation for growth. Regardless of what lies ahead, innovation will remain the catalyst for sustainable business growth.
Top 10 strategies that technology organisations are pursuing to gain a competitive advantage (or, in the case of public sector organisations, increase efficiencies) over the next 12 months:
- Adoption of AI and other advanced digital solutions
- Supply chain restructuring and pivoting into new lines of business
- Shifting focus to higher-value products and services
- Data-based innovation of services, products and processes
- Increasing automation of tasks to improve productivity
- Reshaping our business model around AI, digitalisation and big data
- Strengthening our ESG and sustainability credentials
- Increased cross-border and cross-sector-wide collaboration
- Agility: pivoting quickly; experimenting and 'failing fast'
- Highly personalised / persona-based marketing and workforce management