Audit & Assurance
With BDO's Audit team you can be confident in the knowledge that your business is compliant with all the relevant rules and regulations, because we are leaders in the field of business assurance.
At BDO your business assurance is more than counting the numbers and ticking the boxes. It is about helping you to grow your business and ensuring that every part of your organisation is fine-tuned to achieve your business objectives. We adopt a relationship-based approach by working closely with you over the long-term, to develop a deep understanding of your requirements and become well placed to advise you on the best way forward for your business, whether this involves funding growth, personal wealth creation or going public.
Accounting and Advisory Services
Our areas of expertise
Think about all the opportunities you know about in your business. Now think about the risks—the things that could damage your organisation forever. Which are you more aware of?
If you’re like most decision makers then the chances are you are more focused on opportunities than risks, which can lay you open to unforeseen problems.
Get wise to the potential challenges you may face with help from our Business Risk team, which can help you take decisions confidently and seize new opportunities in full appreciation of your business risks.
We will establish an integrated Risk Management process to help you obtain a complete picture of the risks you face as you pursue your business objectives.
This will allow you to assess the risks in terms of their impact, likelihood and priority and identify any risk control activities. We will also develop an action plan to manage the risks that threaten your organisation.
Our Business Risk team can provide:
- Business process and systems assurance (including internal audit, compliance and risk management)
- Sarbanes-Oxley and related activities (SAS 70 and AAF 01/06)
- Business continuity reviews
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Information protection.
If you are interested in learning more about our Audit Services, contact a member of our Audit Team.
Many businesses do not have the time or expertise to produce accounts. BDO provides accounts preparation and support services which help every business to concentrate on developing its core activities.
We have a wide range of clients in Ireland and the UK, ranging from family businesses to public sector organisations and large international companies. These include:
- Sole traders and partnerships - accounts typically used as a basis for income tax returns and banking purposes
- Not for profit organisations - such as the public sector and charities – the priority here is financial stewardship and strong corporate governance
- Companies - statutory annual accounts for shareholders that comply with both Irish/UK GAAP and international financial reporting standards. We also prepare statutory financial statements for filing in the Companies Registration Office (Republic of Ireland) or Companies House (UK), assisting you to avail of all relevant exemptions.
When preparing accounts, we highlight any issues that will require attention and make specific recommendations for improvement. We also provide advice on the financial management of your organisation.