Manufacturing: Research & Development
13 February 2017
Types of activities BDO have found to qualify in the manufacturing sector
The manufacturing sector has undergone an enormous technological advancement in which BDO has wide experience. While it is impossible to provide an exhaustive list and each case would have to be reviewed in its own context to assess eligibility, the following are areas where we have, in the past, found qualifying R&D activities in the sector:
- Development of new manufacturing processes
- Modification of existing manufacturing processes
- Development of new products e.g.
- Fire Arresters
- Pressure safety apparatus
- Specialty equipment
- Agricultural machinery
- Injection moulded products
- Process efficiency improvements.
If you are carrying out some of the above activities please download the below PDF for more information or contact one of our dedicated R&D Tax Service team.