Medical Devices: Research & Development
13 February 2017
Types of activities BDO have found to qualify in the medical device sector
The medical device sector continues to be a vibrant growth sector in which BDO has wide experience. While it is impossible to provide an exhaustive list and each case would have to be reviewed in its own context to assess eligibility, the following are areas where we have, in the past, found qualifying R&D activities in the sector:
- New product development
- Process development and/or upgrade
- Development and/or upgrade of coating solutions/processes
- Developing knowledge and/or capabilities in areas such as:
- Occlusion devices
- Upstream material selection and component processing
- Wire drawing
- Heat treatment
- Constituent material evaluations.
If you are carrying out some of the above activities please download the below PDF for more information or contact one of our dedicated R&D Tax Service team.