Aircraft and aircraft parts are, by their very nature, high value goods, and consequently subject to complex and complicated regulations.
BDO have been providing professional services to the aviation industry in Ireland since the 1980s. What makes us different is our investment in the processes, systems and above all the people in our aviation finance advisory team.
Our team of dedicated specialists are on hand to assist you in creating operational efficiencies. We understand through our experience the complexities of aviation leasing transactions and the compliance requirements surrounding them. We can advise on the full suite of services to ensure compliance with complex legal and regulatory requirements and ever changing international laws.
Through our international network we have 1,800 offices in 167 countries worldwide. Our Aviation Finance team in Ireland can act as a single point of contact and liaise with local country teams in member firms globally to coordinate international queries.
Download our BDO Aviation Finance Brochure
Key services to the aviation finance sector:
- Corporation tax compliance.
- Transaction support and advice.
- Tax structuring.
- Due diligence.
- Executive and employee tax planning and compliance.
- Acquisition, leasing and disposal of aircraft and related parts.
- VAT check.
- VAT compliance services and training.
- Temporary outsourcing to assist with occasional assignments.
- Import/export customs clearance requirements.
- Securing duty reliefs.
- Temporary import procedures.
- Discharging customs supervision.
- Intra-EU transfers.
- Determining the customs status of aircraft and parts.
- Use of airworthiness certificates for duty suspensions.
- Audit risks.
- Supply chain reviews.
- Securing comprehensive bonds and guarantees.
- Drafting of contracts.
- Export control requirements.
Outsourced financial accounting and payroll
- Maintenance of books and records.
- Management accounts.
- Technical accounting opinions.
- Preparation of statutory financial statements.
- iXBRL financial statement conversion.
- Recruitment and placement of staff.
- Internal audit.
- Internal SOX implementation support and effectiveness testing.
- Restructuring including members voluntary liquidations of special purpose vehicles.
- IT Strategy, security, technology and systems implementation.
- We have a core team that specialise in working with aircraft leasing clients and we bring this experience and knowledge to all our clients.
- We have a specialism in auditing SPVs in the aircraft leasing sector.
To enquire about any of the services listed above, please contact us.