Sam is the Head of Transfer Pricing at BDO Ireland where he advises private, public and owner-managed businesses on effective transfer pricing strategy and execution. He works with clients across sectors in Ireland to design, document and defend tax policies.
SERVICES & SPECIALISM
Sam has deep transfer pricing knowledge and is experienced in advising clients on the following:
- Designing transfer pricing frameworks
- Assisting clients with intellectual property planning and risk mitigation
- Valuing of assets and companies for transfer pricing purposes
- Financial transactions analysis and support.
- Transfer pricing documentation and compliance
- Revenue engagement through Advanced Pricing Agreements (APAs), Mutual Agreement Procedures (MAPs), audits and aspect queries
Sam was previously a Transfer Pricing Director in EY, where he assisted companies find practical answers to issues in tax planning, controversy, compliance and tax accounting. Sam also provided specialist advice on intellectual property planning and valuations for tax purposes.
Prior to that, Sam worked in transfer pricing in a large FTSE100 FMCG company, where he was based in London, and subsequently Dublin. In these roles Sam supported the business in a transfer pricing planning and operational transfer pricing capacity.
Sam is a member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and holds a BSc(Hons) in Mathematics from the University of Leeds. He has lectured in transfer pricing at the Irish Tax Institute in Ireland and at EY across EMEA.