Sam is the Head of Transfer Pricing at BDO Ireland where he advises private, public and owner-managed businesses on effective transfer pricing strategy and execution. He works with clients across sectors in Ireland to design, document and defend tax policies.
SERVICES & SPECIALISM
Sam has deep transfer pricing knowledge and is experienced in advising clients on the following:
- Designing transfer pricing frameworks
- Assisting clients with intellectual property planning and risk mitigation
- Valuing of assets and companies for transfer pricing purposes
- Financial transactions analysis and support.
- Transfer pricing documentation and compliance
- Revenue engagement through Advanced Pricing Agreements (APAs), Mutual Agreement Procedures (MAPs), audits and aspect queries
Sam has over 15 years of transfer pricing experience, having worked as an advisor and in-house transfer pricing specialist. As an advisor, he assisted companies find practical answers to issues in tax planning, controversy, compliance and tax accounting. Sam also provided specialist advice on intellectual property planning and valuations for tax purposes.
Sam also worked in transfer pricing in a large FTSE100 FMCG company, where he was based in London, and subsequently Dublin. In these roles Sam supported the business in a transfer pricing planning and operational transfer pricing capacity.
Sam is a fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and holds a BSc(Hons) in Mathematics from the University of Leeds.